"Cornell Research gets results that matter."
Robert A. Buhrman, Senior Vice Provost for Research
Research at Cornell University improves the lives of people across our region, nation and world. We are a global leader in delivering research with practical and profound results.
Cornell is a powerhouse in the sciences and humanities, guided by a long tradition of serving the public at home and around the world. From the laboratory bench to the hospital bedside or from nano scale to the vastness of deep space or the history of humankind, our researchers and scholars translate discovery into meaningful, measurable change for the better.
Recognized for "pushing the frontiers of our understanding"
Climate change may cause some localized extinctions
Cortical spinal prosthesis directs "targeted limb movement"
Newly established RCN facilitates sampling and communication
Will advance research on the neural basis of human behavior
Marks of Excellence
Craig Fennie, assistant professor of applied and engineering physics, and Sheila Nirenberg, associate professor of physiology and biophysics at Weill Cornell Medical College, are among 2013's 24 MacArthur Fellows, announced Sept. 25 by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
More Research Features
The Life Sciences webpage serves as a portal for news and events; academic programs; research endeavors; and facilities, lab and partner agencies.
- Research Centers, Institutes, Labs and Programs
- More than 100 interdisciplinary research centers flourish at Cornell
Life Sciences at Cornell
- Links to academic programs, research, events, and collaborations in the multi-disciplinary initiative
- CALS Research Portal
- Information about researchers, grants, projects, events, and facilities in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- CIS Research
- Focuses on research in computer science, operations research, human computer interaction, and the social sciences of computing
- Engineering Research Portal
- Information about research, events and partnership opportunities in the College of Engineering
- Undergraduate Research
- Resources, advice, and organizations for undergraduate researchers at Cornell
The Research Division
- Office of the Vice Provost for Research
- Shapes Cornell's research agenda, coordinates large-scale research activity, and negotiates with external sponsors
- Cornell Center for Technology, Enterprise, and Commercialization
- Manages intellectual property, licenses technology, and promotes economic development
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Administers sponsored programs, helps prepare grant proposals, and negotiates awards
- Center for Animal Resources and Education
- Ensures animal welfare and facilitates research and teaching; provides animal care and vet services
- Office of Research Integrity and Assurance
- Manages Cornell's research compliance programs, supports IRB, IACUC, and IBC committees
- Research Administration Information Services
- Provides administrative, technical, and training support for research IT systems
Office of the Vice Provost for Research
222 Day Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853