About our features
Research Features is a showcase of research programs and interdisciplinary activities that comprise the Cornell research enterprise. The features span the spectrum from nano to astro, and aim to highlight research in each college and school.
Contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Research if you have a suggestion for a feature.
The University that Never Sleeps
A hush descends on campus from mid-December through the first weeks of the new year as faculty, staff, and students take a well-deserved break. Nevertheless, research projects continue 24-7 and 365 at Cornell campuses. Check out a few of our favorite year-round projects.
- Rovers are (still) exploring the surface of Mars
- Cows are milked twice a day; horses are exercised, too
- Scientists at CHESS and LEPP study particles that have circled the synchrotron
- Plants are watered, grapes are pressed, and the grass keeps growing
- High performance computers never slow down at CAC