In this episode, recorded June 1, 2008: Wheat shortages have forced up the price of bread. What's next, and what’s being done to address global food shortages in general?
- Per Pinstrup-Anderson, H.E. Babcock Professor of Food, Nutrition and Public Policy and 2001 World Food Prize laureate
- Ronnie Coffman, professor of plant breeding and genetics, and lead researcher for Cornell's $26 M grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to combat stem rust in wheat
- Ramsey Brous, co-owner of the Ithaca Bakery, where a surcharge has been added to wheat products due to increasing prices and demand around the world
- Jessica Prue, Cornell Senior studying development economics, who is traveling to Bangladesh this summer to work with Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunis at Grameen Bank
- Kathleen M. Dischner, Cornell Cooperative Extension team coordinator of nutrition, health and food safety in Onondaga County, New York
Sunday Forum is a monthly talk show on topics of interest to the Cornell and Ithaca communities, co-hosted by Tommy Bruce, vice president for university communications at Cornell, and WVBR news writer Kara Capelli. New episodes air on WVBR 93.5 FM at 6:30 PM on the first Sunday of each month.