Seven of Cornell's best and brightest scholars delivered their unvarnished opinions and beliefs, and then some, as they tackled topics ranging from global politics and crises in health, food and economics, to Cornell's international and intellectual missions before a large audience of Cornellians in midtown Manhattan on Jan. 25.
Despite the keenly expressed opinions and the good-humored rhetorical clashes, Peter Katzenstein, professor of international studies, declared, "Even with the fighting among us, what unites us is the good fight."
- Peter Katzenstein, international studies
- Daniel Huttenlocher, computer science
- Fredrik Logevall, history
- Susan McCouch, plant breeding and genetics
- Ralph Nachman, associate dean of clinical research at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Maureen O'Hara, management
- Eswar Prasad, applied economics and management
Cornell Provost Carolyn "Biddy" Martin moderated the discussion among the participants.