Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Junot Díaz (M.F.A. '95) joined Cornell faculty members in a panel discussion on the arts and immigration, February 19, 2009 at the Johnson Museum. Díaz was part of a graduate student effort in the mid-1990s to improve Latino studies and the Latino experience on campus, which led to the establishment of Cornell's Latino Living Center.
- Ernesto Quinoñez, Moderator, Assistant Professor of Creative Writing, Cornell
- Junot Díaz, Associate Professor of Creative Writing, MIT
- Roberto Sierra, Professor and Chair of Music, Cornell
- Sofia Villenas, Professor of Education and Latino/a Studies, Cornell
- Amy Villarejo, Associate Professor and Chair of Theatre, Film & Dance, Cornell
The event was co-sponsored by the Latino Studies Program and the Cornell Council for the Arts.