Cornell's Sigma Phi chapter was founded in 1890 with the help of Andrew Dickson White, Cornell's first president and a Sigma Phi from Hobart College.

Undergraduate members reside at their 75-year-old home at One Forest Park Lane on West Campus. The fraternity house is thought to sit on a piece of the land that university founder Ezra Cornell called home.