Barack Obama opposed the invasion of Iraq and campaigned on the need for an American withdrawal. What difficult issues now confront President-Elect Obama in Iraq?
Taking part in the Nov. 10 debate in Kennedy Hall were:
- Juan Cole, Richard P. Mitchell Collegiate professor of history at the University of Michigan
- Michael O'Hanlon, senior fellow in foreign policy at the Brookings Institution
- Lakhdar Brahimi, A.D. White Professor-at-Large and former special adviser to the Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Ra'id Juhi Hamadi Al-Saiedi, former chief investigative judge of the Iraqi High Tribunal and the Cornell Law School's first Clarke Middle East fellow
- Moderated by Fredrik Logevall, Cornell University
This event is part of the Lund Critical Debate series and organized by the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies.