Growing global inequality and its effect on democracy is one of the most pressing issues facing the world today. This panel, moderated by President Elizabeth Garrett, brings together new perspectives on the challenges that inequality presents to democratic governance. Held September 18, 2015 in honor of Elizabeth Garrett as part of her inauguration as Cornell's 13th president.
- Robert H. Frank, the Henrietta Johnson Louis Professor of Management and Professor of Economics;
- Suzanne Mettler, the Clinton Rossiter Professor of American Institutions;
- Nick Salvatore, the Maurice and Hinda Neufield Founders Professor in Industrial and Labor Relations;
- Gerald Torres, the Jane M.G. Foster Professor of Law; and
- Eswar Prasad, the Tolani Senior Professor of Trade Policy
Introduction by Gretchen Ritter, the Harold Tanner Dean of Arts and Sciences