We've received your request
You will be notified by email when the transcript and captions are available. The process may take up to 5 business days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this request.
Barack Obama opposed the invasion of Iraq and campaigned on the need for an American withdrawal. What difficult issues now confront President-Elect Obama in Iraq?
Taking part in the Nov. 10 debate in Kennedy Hall were:
- Juan Cole, Richard P. Mitchell Collegiate professor of history at the University of Michigan
- Michael O'Hanlon, senior fellow in foreign policy at the Brookings Institution
- Lakhdar Brahimi, A.D. White Professor-at-Large and former special adviser to the Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Ra'id Juhi Hamadi Al-Saiedi, former chief investigative judge of the Iraqi High Tribunal and the Cornell Law School's first Clarke Middle East fellow
- Moderated by Fredrik Logevall, Cornell University
This event is part of the Lund Critical Debate series and organized by the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies.