Health & Wellness
Cornell supports a healthy campus community in which each student may participate fully in intellectual and personal growth.
- Gannett Health Services: The University's center for comprehensive health care provides a wide range of services including primary medical care, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), a pharmacy, 24/7 phone consultation, and information about issues and initiatives affecting student health and well-being.
- Empathy, Assistance & Referral Services (EARS): EARS offers nonjudgmental, short-term counseling by skilled volunteers who have undergone extensive training and have passed through a rigorous selection process. EARS counselors can provide referrals for services within the Cornell and Ithaca communities. Services are free and confidential.
- Cornell Fitness Centers
- Cornell Intramural Sports
- Cornell Outdoor Education: The most comprehensive collegiate outdoor education program in the country with gear rentals, climbing wall, challenge course, teambuilding, classes, and more.
- Physical Education: One of the largest and most diverse physical culture programs in the Ivy League with over 100 courses available.
- Cornell Outing Club
Cornellians engage in stress buster activities sponsored by Cornell Outdoor Education (COE). The stress-busters include rock climbing and hiking; for the adventurous, there is rappelling and swinging from the ceiling of Bartels Hall.