Igniting Positive Change in Our World
Research, scholarship and collaboration underpin Cornell’s excellence in public engagement.
A deep-rooted commitment to outreach, extension and engagement infuses our state, domestic and global mission of developing knowledge that benefits humanity.
Public Engagement Around The University
Max Zhang: Local engagement yields ‘real social impact’
Grants fund 22 Cornell teams, community partners
Seventh annual TOGO Awards attest to strength of town-gown relationships
Hop growers face challenges to meet rising brewery demands
State of the Arts: Worker Institute research details artist pay, education, work trends
Cornell and local military veterans hold annual celebrations
Student work in Italy and upstate N.Y. informs intergenerational communities
Cornell students meet, learn from COP23 world leaders
New podcast takes listeners inside the immune system
The Engaged Student Experience
Engaged Cornell advances the university’s mission through community-engaged discovery and learning that contribute to solving many of the world’s biggest challenges.
Engaged Cornell is:
- championing research, curricula and co-curricular activities that are identified, designed and implemented with partner communities
- preparing students to become global citizens leading social change
- inspiring a new generation of teaching and research at Cornell and beyond
Engaged Cornell appears across campus and around the world in work led by students, faculty, staff and their community partners. Cornell’s colleges and schools offer a vast array of engaged programming, which is supported and augmented by many other units on campus, including those in the Engaged Cornell Hub.
- Who’s involved
- Open to all Cornellians and their community partners
- What happens
- Work with communities to define needs and create solutions
- Where it happens
- In classrooms, field work and communities in Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York state and around the world
The Cornell Land Grant
A Spirit of Public Engagement
As the land-grant institution in New York state, we have a special responsibility — unique among the Ivy League — for research and public engagement. We are a university community committed to improving the quality of life in New York state, the nation and the world.