Igniting Positive Change in Our World
Research, scholarship and collaboration underpin Cornell’s excellence in public engagement.
A deep-rooted commitment to outreach, extension and engagement infuses our state, domestic and global mission of developing knowledge that benefits humanity.
Public Engagement Around The University
‘Collaboratory’ shares ideas on food, healing, justice
Cornell studies to protect Great Lakes coastal regions
Revitalizing a Region: High Road students taking action through community agencies
Cornell’s impact in New York state
Podcast looks at planning for climate change
Fulbright scholar engages with indigenous communities
CLASP celebrates courage of students, staff learners
Youth advocate Greta Sloan ’18 wins campus-community leadership award
HPP's Work Weekend Updates Two Historic Properties in Upstate New York
The Engaged Student Experience
Engaged Cornell advances the university’s mission through community-engaged discovery and learning that contribute to solving many of the world’s biggest challenges.
Engaged Cornell is:
- championing research, curricula and co-curricular activities that are identified, designed and implemented with partner communities
- preparing students to become global citizens leading social change
- inspiring a new generation of teaching and research at Cornell and beyond
Engaged Cornell appears across campus and around the world in work led by students, faculty, staff and their community partners. Cornell’s colleges and schools offer a vast array of engaged programming, which is supported and augmented by many other units on campus, including those in the Engaged Cornell Hub.
- Who’s involved
- Open to all Cornellians and their community partners
- What happens
- Work with communities to define needs and create solutions
- Where it happens
- In classrooms, field work and communities in Ithaca, Tompkins County, New York state and around the world
The Cornell Land Grant
A Spirit of Public Engagement
As the land-grant institution in New York state, we have a special responsibility — unique among the Ivy League — for research and public engagement. We are a university community committed to improving the quality of life in New York state, the nation and the world.